Skip to content Accessibility info

Business Insurance

from Mark Jackson Insurance Agency

Business Insurance

Don’t Put Your Business at Risk! Make Sure You’re Covered

If you own a business in California, you want to make certain your investment is protected in every direction. Without the right insurance coverage, an unexpected disaster or lawsuit could force you to dig into your savings or even close your doors.

Business insurance is there to protect you and your employees when the worst happens. What kinds of businesses need insurance?

  • Service providers
  • Retail outlets
  • Restaurants
  • Contractors
  • Tradespeople
  • Manufacturers
  • Distributors
  • Transporters

Those are just a few of the most common fields we serve here in the Golden State. Nearly every business can benefit from the right insurance coverage.

What Types of Business Insurance Are Available?

We work with every client to determine their insurance needs so they’re not leaving themselves open to risk. You may wish to assemble a group of policies for any of the following.

Commercial Property Insurance

This insurance protects your business premises if you have a physical presence in your community. Your business structure, like an office, warehouse, or factory, is protected, as well as everything inside it, in case of fire, storms, many natural disasters, vandalism, and theft. Some of our clients like to add extra coverage for earthquake or flood protection, depending on their location.

Commercial Auto Insurance

A regular personal auto policy isn’t sufficient if you have company vehicles or use your own car or truck for work activities. A commercial auto policy gives you better coverage and can even protect you when renting vehicles for work when you travel.

Liability insurance protects you if you or an employee is at fault in an accident. Collision insurance pays for repairs to get your work vehicle back in action sooner, while comprehensive coverage protects vehicles in the event of theft or vandalism.

General Liability Insurance

Commercial liability coverage protects your business if someone successfully wins a legal judgment against you. You can purchase general coverage as well as insurance specifically for unique situations:

  • Errors and omissions insurance – in case a mistake or omission results in serious consequences
  • Employment practices liability insurance – to cover incidents of discrimination, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, or other violations of employee rights
  • Directors and officers insurance – covers directors and officers from claims against them

Commercial Umbrella Insurance

This liability coverage picks up where your general liability or commercial auto insurance leaves off, similar to a personal umbrella policy. It protects you at a higher financial level and is recommended for businesses with significant assets or those in high-risk industries.

Workers' Compensation Insurance

You can protect both your business and your employees with workers' comp insurance. If one of your employees is injured on the job, it covers their medical care and long-term needs, putting you at reduced risk for a lawsuit. Workers' comp is great for recruiting and retaining workers in all industries but especially more dangerous ones.

Inland Marine Insurance

If your business involves transporting other people’s property, whether heavy equipment, inventory, or even fine art, inland marine insurance is a must. It protects cargo during transport until it reaches its final destination.

Restaurant Insurance

Restaurant insurance covers a broad range of events that could limit your revenue stream or even force you to close your doors, including:

  • Slip-and-fall injuries on the premises
  • Fires and natural disasters
  • Delivery vehicle and food truck accidents
  • Food spoilage from power outage
  • Employee accidents
  • Cybersecurity breaches
  • Liability cases involving alcohol consumption

We work with food service businesses from the smallest cafes to restaurants with multiple branches across the state.

Contractors Insurance

Whether you’re a solo operation or a large construction business, contractors insurance can protect you from multiple losses that would be otherwise financially devastating. As well as insuring your property and your vehicles, as described above, liability insurance is also recommended. You may also desire inland marine insurance, client identity theft coverage, or bonds, discussed below.


Protect your assets and your reputation when you purchase a bond to cover your work. Most commonly used in the construction industry to cover situations where you can’t make good on a promise due to situations beyond your control, this insurance is also used by public officials, automobile dealers, and many more professions.

Our Independent Agents Can Tailor Coverage for Your Business

We understand that every business is unique and requires its own special insurance coverage. That’s why you’ll enjoy working with our independent agents. Not only do we provide extraordinary personal service at Mark Jackson Insurance Agency, we have access to many more insurance products than you’ll find with big agencies. This lets us tailor the right insurance package for every single one of our California clients.

Call us today at 714-779-2629 to learn more about protecting your business, or reach out online to start a quote right away.