Skip to content Accessibility info

Homeowner Insurance

from Mark Jackson Insurance Agency

Homeowner Insurance

Your Investment Deserves Full Protection

As a resident of California, you certainly know how unpredictable life has been lately, between earthquakes, severe storms, and fires. That’s why we recommend every homeowner has an insurance policy to cover the investment they have made in their property, no matter where you live in the state.

Insurance coverage may even be required by your mortgage lender. This way, if something unexpected causes your home to be damaged or lost, you won’t have to pay for repairs or rebuilding out of your own savings, which few people can afford these days.

Homeowner insurance gives you very thorough levels of protection:

  • The structure of the dwelling itself
  • Your furnishings, appliances, and personal belongings inside the home
  • Liability coverage if someone has an accident on your property

Your policy protects you in the event of fires, most natural disasters, vandalism, and theft. Most policies also offer alternative living expenses if you must move out of your home while it’s being repaired or reconstructed.

You Have Options for Special Coverage

Many of our California clients enjoy the peace of mind that comes from having additional coverage for their unique needs.

Scheduled coverage for valuables

This covers high-value items not typically protected with a regular homeowner’s policy, including:

  • Jewelry
  • Furs
  • Precious metals
  • Firearms
  • Artwork
  • Antiques
  • Collectibles

Earthquake insurance

California is one of the highest at-risk states for earthquakes, and scientists predict it’s only a matter of time before the state experiences another major seismic event. Homeowner policies do not cover earthquakes, but this protection can easily be added with an earthquake endorsement.

Flood insurance

Some areas of California are susceptible to flooding, especially along the coastline. A flood policy protects your property from rising rivers, flash floods, and storm surges. Private flood insurance offers higher caps than federal flood insurance and can be tailored to your property value.

Umbrella policy

Your homeowner policy offers limited liability coverage, but we advise some of our clients to increase that with an umbrella policy. This coverage kicks in once you reach the cap on your regular liability protection and can be purchased for a million dollars or more of coverage. If you are a high-net-worth individual or large breed dog owner, for example, this extra insurance is ideal for you.

Let Our Independent Agents Customize a Policy for You

At Mark Jackson Insurance Agency, our independent agents have access to far more insurance options than you’ll ever find with big-name companies. That lets us create a homeowner policy that’s made just for you. And you’ll love the personal service that we provide for every client.

Call us at 714-779-2629 or reach out online to start a quote. Don’t let your home go without the protection it needs. Get in touch today.